Post Massachusetts Divorce  – Modification or Enforcement

If there has been a substantial and material change in circumstances you may file a complaint for modification of child support, custody and parenting, or alimony.

Modification of Alimony in Massachusetts Divorce

Some reasons why you may seek modification:

  • Illness/loss of job;
  • Substantial increase or decrease in pay of either party;
  • Remarriage or cohabitation (living together).

Temporary Support Orders in a Massachusetts Divorce Case

If you need financial support or help with custody issues before the divorce is finalized, you can ask the Massachusetts divorce judge to order, on a temporary basis, child support, alimony or custody.  Court should always be your last resort though.  Why, because it costs a lot of money, takes a lot of time and a person you don’t know is going to make financial and emotional decision s for you and your family.  Sometimes, but not often, there is no alternative.  However, with a little hard work, most issues can be resolved without the “helping” hand of a Massachusetts divorce judge.


    Request Free Consultation

    [contact-form-7 id="179" title="Contact form 1"]